Pages

Saturday, June 08, 2013

what is flatline?



Flatline, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, means:

to register on an electronic monitor as having no brain waves or heartbeat; die; to be in a state of no progress or advancement; to come to an end

To me, on the other hand, the word "flatline" makes me think of its two components. Straight lines and flat shapes represent the very elements of the kind of design language that appeals to me, probably because it's akin to the way I think: even when being creative, I think in a very rational way - everything has a reason, a purpose, and when it doesn't, I rarely dwell on it and most times cast it aside (yeah, I know, sounds harsh, but I'm also a softie sometimes).

This is a space for me to talk about all that interests me and on which I have an opinion, which is to say, technology, design, story telling (be it in a book, TV series, movie, or any other medium), music, and well, pretty much anything else. But mostly technology and entertainment.

It's not like I've never tried having a blog, so it is possible that I never write anything and then forget about it. And then, the name Flatline will make a lot of sense.